Monday, March 29, 2010

What a life!

It’s incredible that its 7 months since my last post here. I must have been really busy doing fun stuff! Oh, and yes I have.


I got a new job in the beginning of October, and hence quit the courses I had started at school. After all I already got my Bachelors degree, and was only attending school till the right job showed up.
I have been working on a national project for the Ministry of Health. We were originally 5 women from different backgrounds, plus a project manager who happens to be a woman too. Before getting the job, I concentrated on finding out within myself what kind of a workplace I wanted, how I wanted to feel at work, and what sort of people I would be working with. To make the story super short, I got everything I asked for.
I would never have thought of applying for that job, if I hadn’t been contacted by the national employment agency on another job. After being on an interview there, they told me I would probably get the job, but then the employer decided rather to start up a new group with all new employees and they asked me to apply for that one. That´s the job I got, and now hold. I love my group of peeps at work, and appreciate them very much. We all feel that our boss did a perfect job assembling the group, so I once asked her what was the criteria for choosing us. After all over 60 people applied. She told me she used her gut feeling this time, because she had tried not doing that on some other rounds of hiring people, and regretted it. So usin your instinct is the perfect way to hire the right people. How wonderful is that??
The work we do is very meaningful and the hours are great, the group is the best and the pay is fine.
At first we just got contracts till June 30. but have since been offered 3 more months. Now there is some negotiation going on concerning possible 3 more months.
We have had an extremely steep learning curve, and have gained knowledge and insight that is quite sought after, both within the organization and elsewhere, so we won’t have to worry about being unemployed any time soon, regardless of the lifespan of the project. In fact, for a short period of time we were 11 people working together, all new to the game and now we´re just 5 left plus the project manager. The rest have been hired full time elsewhere in the organisation.

However, I have applied for a new job, which I really hope to get!

What else have I been up to???
• Being mom to my 2 teenagers has been challenging at times and my pre-teen is really starting to show her stubborn and decisive self lately. Being their mom can be challenging at times and a wonderful learning tool too.
• Learning heaps of new stuff about me and others. I’ve been following lovely miss Sidney Chase on the Indigo Room for more than 2 years now, and keep learning new things and finding new friends. I really love those peeps! Will post more one them later.
• I went to Iceland for Christmas together with my kids. It was a wonderful time in every way. We got to visit my closest family, spent many hours talking and playing and having loads of fun.
• January 15th I attended the most memorable seminar ever, together with everyone from work.
• I have gotten closer to my dad than ever before, even though he lives on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean.
… and probably a whole lot more.
I figure it is best to stop here, and rather discuss some of this stuff in depth with you one on one, or in another blog post.
Love and light to you

1 comment:

  1. Siddy!!! What a delicious new entry! Loved reading about your job too and how your manager used her gut instinct. Our gut is right everytime even when it seems like it's not..teehehehe. Keep the deliciousness coming..Weeeeeeeeeee..Hugggs Love you much
    Sydney

    ReplyDelete